I cannot believe we are here already. Well I can because the time has been dragging but I feel that we are living in an unreal magical land where pregnancy happens. Since my last update not too much has happened.
– met with thyroid specialist and decided on monthly blood draws to test m TSH, T4 and T3. I have a prescription ready to go if my levels come back out of whack. The first test I had <0.01 TSH (and all 3 tests after). My T4 and T3 were high on the first one, slightly high on the second one and in the normal range for the 3rd test. This can all be accounted to NOTHING. There is nothing I can do to change these levels. She said that because the T3 and T4 were in normal range it does not seem that I have Graves Disease. Plus the test for it involved radioactive iodine so it wont be officially ruled out anytime soon.
– had our second ultrasound. At 19 weeks 4 days. Baby is measure in the 50th percentile and the midwife gave me a quick call to let me know all seemed well. We have the next prenatal with them in a couple days where hopefully we will review it in more detail.
– The ultrasound tech got a good shot and could see the gender. We do know the gender. IT'S A ________________ surprise for everyone else. But we will lie to your face if you ask if we know. It may seem weird but we wanted to know for our sanity but keep the surprise for all our family and friends.
– my belly is growing. It is much larger at night/after work then it is in the morning although it is started to look huge in the morning too.
– I have gained 7.5 pounds. Yikes!
– Our R.E. told us at our first ultrasounds that it takes longer to make a Cadillac then a ford. Since then we have livingly referred to my belly as Cady. We had the news on this morning and were joking about names and I said to M "The next commercial that comes on will give us the name of our baby". It was a freaking Cadillac commercial. Not going to user that name though.
– I can feel the baby move now. I think I have been feeling it for a long time but did not realize it was the baby. It feels like little kicks or pinches. A couple nights ago when I was laying down in bed I felt the kick and told M to feel my belly. She could feel it too so it must be legit! She felt it again last night and said it was a leg cuz it was pretty forceful. 🙂
– I have been feeling much better now with only a little bit of blah ness
– The babies head looks big to me. I think because I was thinking about how it would need to get out…
– I do not have any cravings, which I am thankful for
– In other news I am on strike with my union. This is good timing…NOT.
Here is baby Cady – we are in love 🙂